Sunday, December 30, 2012

Getting ready for 2013

So I started up a new blog to track my goals, so that I don't get this blog all bogged down with so much self-reflection.  Also, I don't really want to make this blog about my own personal religious beliefs, since I think that anyone can practice mindfulness.  I don't like it when people insert God into everything, because I think that for people who don't believe in God, it creates discomfort that can be a barrier which prevents getting everything possible out of something.  I know that is the case for me, partly because I have a preconceived notion about what other people are thinking about when they talk about God.  I think that a person's beliefs are very personal to them, and it's not my place to inject that into their lives, so I am going to keep quiet about religion.  This post will be the only one where I even mention God I think.

In any event, I'm going to get back into more active posting on here, especially since I'd like to get the hard copy of my book out on Amazon very soon, as well as making the revised and expanded edition out on Kindle.  Now that Nick is 6 months old, I have a lot more to say about mindfulness and the seven attitudes.

I also kind of like having an attitude to focus on each day, although I can't promise I'll be making a daily post in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment