Saturday, August 11, 2012

Daily Attitude: Acceptance

Hmm, what to say about acceptance?  I have been accepting my tiredness and my lack of motivation today.  I am feeling uninspired.  However, I have gotten some stuff done so that's good.

My friend came over with her two sons and husband.  The visit went very well.  We accepted that Max was not going to want to share his wooden railway trains with her son, so we got out the Take and Play set for him.

Nick slept a lot today but not too much, I don't think.  We had a lot of fun listening to the lullaby renditions of The Cure and Nine Inch Nails, as well as some regular NIN.  He cooed and smiled and I took a ton of photos of him.  Max is great with him in small doses.  That is good enough for me right now.

Max and I are reading chapter books at night.  We started the My Father's Dragon trilogy tonight, which Max's aunt gave him awhile ago.  Max wanted to know how many chapters there were.  The other books we have read, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle and Uncle Wiggily, have self-contained chapters, whereas this book is ongoing so we'll see what Max thinks.

Okay, although I took a nap today I think I'm kind of tired so maybe I'll try to go to sleep soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment