Monday, August 13, 2012

Daily Attitude: Non-Judging

I struggle with non-judging.  It is easy for me to negatively judge myself.  Or positively judge myself, for that matter.  I don't tend to be neutral.

Today I accomplished a number of things.  I baked strawberry chocolate chip bread.  I thought I had some fresh strawberries but apparently not, so I had to use frozen. The bread is very good but it tastes a lot more like Entemann's chocolate chip bread than what I was expecting.  It really has no strawberry flavor whatsoever.
I also made pasta salad.  That is easy and I will eat it for lunch and whatever meal until it's gone.
I would like to bake real bread tomorrow but I'm not sure if I will or not.  I will have to find the time.

I felt like I got more done today with both kids at home than I do when Max is at school, but I'm not sure why that would be.

I also gave Nick his first bath.  He didn't seem very sure about it.  He didn't hate it but he didn't love it either.  He is still kind of small to fit in the baby tub I think.  I took pictures and a bit of video.
Right now he's sleeping in the crib but he woke up a few minutes ago.  I think that means it's time for me to turn out the light and go to sleep so that maybe he'll sleep better.

There is a roach in here.  I have sprinkled cedar and peppermint oils all over the bed in hopes that the roach will keep away.  It is one of those smaller red wood roaches, not a Palmetto bug.  I still do not want it crawling around on me.  And I am so tired that I keep seeing bugs out of the corner of my eye.  I think that is another indication that I need to turn out the light and go to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment