Friday, April 5, 2013

E-Eating


I like to eat.  Eating is more than the food=fuel equation.  I really love having family brunches where everyone is enjoying food.
I am working on eating more mindfully, and I'm going to have to cut some stuff that I really love out of my diet, at least temporarily, if I want to achieve my weight loss goals.  That is not easy for me, and right now I'm kind of in a funk and that makes it even harder.  However, I know that I need to go lower carb in order to lose weight with my PCOS.
I also want to cut more sugar out of my diet because I know I can make do with less.  I'm working on eating less processed food.
Having a Trader Joe's in town now makes all of this easier because I can get less expensive interesting produce, as well as other things that fit in with my healthier eating plan.
It's a challenge to implement things when my energy level is low, like it is now, because the quick fix is always the best.  Also I don't like washing dishes and preparing food of course uses up pots and pans.
I'm going to get over it though.  I know that I'd feel better if I'd eat better, and now that my back is getting better I can get past my washing dishes dislike and figure out what to fix.

Now I'm going to recommend a film: Tampopo.  I haven't seen it in years but it's a good food movie.  I also recommend Kings of Pastry, but that is not really about eating.  Tampopo is all about enjoying food, as I recall.  I know there is some eroticism of food, and also noodles, I think.  But not erotic noodles.

2 comments:

  1. I like Eating too! Nice word chosen for the Blogpost!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the eating and dislike of washing dishes. It's such a bummer that the two have to go hand in hand. I have become a master of using the least number of dishes possible to make a meal. Healthier really is better. And it gives us more energy.
    I have not seen either movie, but I'm glad no erotic noodles are involved. :)

    ReplyDelete