Monday, April 1, 2013

A-Acupuncture

I have a lot of "A"s I could write about: acceptance, attitude, and I'm sure I could think of others.
I think I will write about acupuncture instead.  I was not so sure about acupuncture when I first heard of it, but I became more open to the idea as I learned more about alternative medicine.
I started getting acupuncture treatments when I was trying to conceive in 2011.  I had been reading a good book about fertility called Making Babies, and the authors recommended a variety of supplements, and also acupuncture.
I was also on Clomid at the time but it wasn't until my prescription for that ran out that I got my positive sign.  Now I have a healthy 10 month old, and I think that acupuncture played a big part in that.
Anyway, I'm on the acupuncture kick at the moment because my back went into spasm on Thursday night and I went in for an emergency treatment on Saturday morning.  I have two more treatments to go to help with this back pain, but I'm amazed at the results so far.  Right now I'm a little sore, but ever since my treatment I've been able to walk around with little pain, and starting yesterday I was able to pick the baby up and carry him around the house.  Some things I do are still uncomfortable, but I am really surprised at how quickly things seem to be clearing up.  I haven't had a spasm like this since college, and I know that time it took a pretty long time for me to feel better.
So, acupuncture is something that I am passionate about now.  I will be using acupuncture again when we try for our third baby, which will be later this year.  Right now I can't really afford the time or money to go every week, but that is one of my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment