Tuesday, April 30, 2013

X-Xians


I like the word Xians.  It reminds me of Thrill Kill Kult because of their album "I See Good Spirits..." and I think it says Nervous Xians on the cover, or else that was on a t-shirt..  It falls into the same category as Xmas for me.  I think it should be pronounced "Zians."  Although Xmas should be prounounced ex-mass, not Zmass.
I don't really think about Xians in the same category as Christians.  They are not really the same thing to me although I guess they really should be.  I would fall in that category but I say I am Catholic.

I like that album, "I See Good Spirits..." mostly because of the song "X Communication."  Also I had a huge crush on a guy in high school that I met at a Nine Inch Nails concert and he liked that album.  I tended to be influenced by boys when deciding what music I liked.

I don't know exactly what to say about Xians.  I can't think of a lot.  I could have written X-actly and that would have been okay with me too.

I don't know if I'm even remembering the Nervous Xians thing correctly but I associate it with that album.  I listened to that album and Confessions of a Knife and the single of "A Girl Doesn't Get Killed By a Make-Believe Lover" over and over again.  I remember doing that one afternoon and evening while my mom and all the people from her house were out of town and my then-best friend came over and we fixed lasagna.  We made vegetarian lasagna and put a little bit of Diet Dr. Pepper in the tomato sauce as our secret ingredient.  It was really good lasagna and we made it a few times.  We did that a lot.  We'd hang out and cook dinner and be silly.


No comments:

Post a Comment