Friday, April 19, 2013

Q-Questions



I think I used to ask more questions.  I'm not sure.  I ask a lot of questions, but mostly to my kids. I don't ask questions of the universe very much anymore.  I ask for help, but I don't really think I'm trying to find deeper meaning in things, and perhaps it would be wise to do this more.
I think I should ask more questions because it would help me write more.  I don't feel all that inspired these days, and if I asked more questions I might feel more creative.
I like writing, and I like doing other art things.  But I'm kind of feeling dull.  Of course, I am also feeling worried, and being worried isn't conducive to creativity.
Anyway, I'd like to start asking questions again.  I know I don't have all the answers.  I like the questions my niece and Max ask.  I like being able to see how their brains work when they ask questions.  Sometimes it's funny, sometimes, not.
I would like to ask more productive questions that the ones I come up with these days.
What if's are good questions for writing.  So are hows.  Whys.
Lately it seems like most of my questions are more along the lines of "what were they thinking?"  And "How can people be so mean/stupid/wrong?"
In my day to day my question is "What am I going to do?"  And I feel like I'm in panic mode.  I'd like to get past that.

4 comments:

  1. I agree that we as writers should ask more questions. What ifs are really good.

    And instead of the "what were they thinkings" and "how could theys", try thinking "What would their lives have been like?" Many of those sort of people could just be fodder for amazing stories, if we bother to explore them... But then, this approach is a lot easier said than done.

    Best of luck with getting your writing voice back! (If all else fails, you could try reading more. ;-))

    My Writing Blog
    My Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I missed posting yesterday but my R post is actually about reading. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello, Carrollee! I ask questions all the time! I love to learn. :)

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete