Thursday, April 25, 2013

U-Ugly


I don't like ugly things.  Well, that may not be exactly right.  If I like something it ceases to be ugly.  
I don't really think I am ugly but once a long time ago I heard some boys at school talking about me and they said I was ugly.  So I wonder.  It's pretty sad that two boys in the seventh grade could have that much hold over my self-worth.
I don't say things are ugly very often.  I kind of like the word ugly.  Only to me it sounds like it should refer to something that isn't really grotesque.  More like the creatures in Mercer Mayer's One Monster After Another.
I have told Max not to say things are ugly.  He said that his cousin told him his favorite engine was ugly but I think it was because she was jealous.  We talked about that.  Not the cousin, but Max and I.  
I have occasionally said that a person is ugly but really only in reference to character and not appearance.  I don't think that people should be considered ugly based on their looks.  However, plenty of people are ugly on the inside.

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope you are not putting any value into the words of two seventh grade boys. Boys at that age are brainless, while many adolescent kids are awkward while there hormones kick around.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rationally I want to disregard those two boys. My subconscious does not want to let it go. Even though I know I really am not ugly, nor was I back then.

      Delete