Thursday, April 18, 2013

P-Pefectionism


I am a perfectionist.  I wouldn't think so, but I'm pretty sure that is why I don't do things like clean.  It's because I can't do it perfectly.  When I am not able to do things the way I picture them in my head, I kind of give up on them.  This behavior isn't particularly helpful.
I'm working on letting go of my perfectionism.  Life isn't perfect.  I'm not perfect.  Things are never going to be perfect, and I can still do things better.
I don't feel this way about my writing.  Or my painting.  Or most other things related to art.  I lack patience, so I tend to want to finish things quickly.  I don't really feel that way about writing, but I sure do about art!
Also I have trouble finishing craft projects like cross stitch because it takes a long time.  I don't tend to make huge mistakes in crafting, but I get bored.  I want things to be done already and they don't get done like that.
I tend to have an issue with perfectionism of some sort with my exercise and eating too.  It's like if I don't stick to my exercise or eating plan 100%, I might as well just give up and do nothing.  That doesn't really work either!
I am trying to do better with this because I don't want to mess up my kids.  I am not going to be one of those parents concerned about the 3 points that they lost on a test where the grade is 97/100.
I want to have a clean home and be in better shape.  I am just going to have to work on these things one day at a time and trust that the end result will be worth the wait.

1 comment:

  1. My P-post is on Perfection as well. Hope you’ve enjoyed the challenge so far.


    Damyanti @Daily(w)rite Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge
    AZ blogs on Social Media

    ReplyDelete