Saturday, April 27, 2013

V-Virginia


I was born in Virginia, and then when I was about a year old we moved to South Carolina.
I went to college in Virginia.  We used to visit Charlottesville fairly frequently because my dad's parents lived there.  I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about where I'd go to college.  I always wanted to go to Virginia.  My dad used to walk around the Grounds with me.  We looked through the mail slot of his old room on the Lawn.  He showed me the steam tunnels and told me about how he used to crawl around down there.  He showed me the place where his bike got stolen.
I loved my time in Virginia.  It's a beautiful state.  I love Charlottesville.  I like driving through Virginia, although not so much up in the D.C. suburb area.  I also am not crazy about the perpetual road work on 29.
I would live in Charlottesville if I had the money.  I like the area.  I like the atmosphere.  I like the University.  I know it's not perfect but nowhere is.
I haven't been all that many places in Virginia.  Pretty much I've spent my time on the way to and from Charlottesville, both on 29 and on 81 and 64.  We used to drive that way, through the mountains, but I had a pretty bad car accident with both my mom and little sister in the car so no one has been very interested in driving that way anymore.
I have been to Richmond.  I was born in Roanoke and we lived in Radford although I don't remember anything about that.
I'm not sure that Northern Virginia really counts as Virginia but I guess it does.
I do pretty much base all my opinions about Virginia and what I think about it on Charlottesville and the surrounding area.

No comments:

Post a Comment